Getting Started with IronPython - Part 1 where to start

A blog entry by Dror Helper on how to get started with IronPython.
It seems to me that there is a lot of talk about the new .NET Dynamic Languages lately. Because I wanted to see what the DLR was all about I will learn IronPython as part of my quest to learn new programming languages.

When I learn a new programming language I look up three “ingredients”: a Book, tutorials/code examples and a project. It also helps if to have a “programmer friendly” IDE that helps writing and debugging.

Learning from examples scattered around the internet is possible, but I found that I learn new technology quicker when these ingredients are available. Luckily with IronPython there was not shortage of resources.
He recommends Dive into Python for learning Python and the SharpDevelop IDE. He also links to several online resources for learning IronPython.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extending Abobe Flash Player and AIR with Python and Ruby

Should Python Projects Support IronPython and Jython?

Further Adventures of the Debugger