There was recently an announcement (dated July 29th) about progress:
Good evening Python for .NET users!
I've a list of great news for you. In the past weeks I've spent some time in fixing and enhancing PythonNet.
- PythonNet now works with Python 2.4 and 2.5. Python 2.6 compatibility is already prepared.
- A bunch of small bugs were fixed and some new features implemented. Generics, overloading and variable parameter function should work better.
- PythonNet also works under Un*x and Mono with UCS 2 and UCS 4 builds of Python. Two unit tests are currently failing.
- The source repository contains project files for MS Visual Studio and MonoDevelop.
- The clr module provides new features: AddReference, ListAssemblies(verbosity), preload