Some of that will have to wait for another day, but we'll end the year with a selection of some of the snippets from the last couple of months.
A couple of new recipes in the IronPython Cookbook, by Davy Mitchell and Atif Aziz:
- Process Monitor - demonstrates how to write a small utility in IronPython that monitors a process and re-launches it if it dies.
- How to Play a Wav - this short example plays a WAV format sound file using System.Media.SoundPlayer.
Another short example of how to use IronPython to make your computer speak like a robot:
- IronPython in Bazaar - an import of the IronPython sources onto launchpad. Useful if you want to use a DVCS (Distributed Version Control System) to hack around on IronPython or the DLR.
- IronPython Twitter Group - started by the Coding Geekette.
- IronPython 2 Performance Report - a wiki page on the IronPython Codeplex site that compares IronPython 2 performance with CPython.
- Cobra November 2008 Update - updates from a Python inspired .NET language.
- Jinja 2 and docutils on IronPython - whilst playing around with Sphinx I tried some of its dependencies on IronPython 2. The little I tried them seemed to work fine.
- DLR Project Setup to Receive Source Updates - The DLR Hosting Blog announces that the Dynamic Language Runtime codeplex project is now setup to receive sourcecode updates from the internal source code control.