IronScheme is a 'community-developed' language that also runs on .NET through the DLR. IronScheme includes a Visual Studio plugin (for VS 2008 SP1) and IronScheme 1.0 Beta 2 has just been released.
IronScheme aims to be a R6RS conforming Scheme implementation.
- Added a new LINQ library (ironscheme linq2) which implements all methods found under System.Linq.Enumerable. The new version also uses deferred execution
- Added a few more libraries
- Added (ironscheme unsafe) library
- Many bug fixes
- Added P/Invoke functionality, and a small FFI layer
- Many compiler optimizations added (TCE, lambda body hoisting, assignment elimination), more coming for beta 3!
- Rewrote fixnums and flonums in Scheme. Uses unsafe features.
- Memory optimizations (previous versions had many objects that could not be GC'd), much less GC's needed now