Blogpingr goes GUI

Blogpingr is a Python command line tool for pinging xml-rpc services when you write a new blog entry. Norman Kosmal has been playing with IronPython, so he decided to use it to give blogpingr a GUI:
Now diving into IronPython I decided to give blogpingr a GUI. I am lazy, just so you know and using a shell to execute the programm got me bored. Also this probably is a good oportunity to check out how you can use window forms from within IronPython.

Of course credit goes to Borislav Gizdov`s for coming up with blogpingr in the first place. I just hooked his code into IronPython structures.

I still got to add threads to this programm so the methods won`t lockdown the textbox on execution. Maybe I will add some inplace editing functions to add, edit or remove rpc servers from the .conf file. Once that is down I will release the source on this blog. So stay tuned for updates.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extending Abobe Flash Player and AIR with Python and Ruby

Should Python Projects Support IronPython and Jython?

Further Adventures of the Debugger