- CPython 2.6 compatibility
- Improved startup time
- New built-in modules that were previously missing:
- meta-class method __clrtype__ for better .NET interop support
- Cached subtypes
- Adaptive interpreter (related to improved startup time)
- New built-in profiler
- Optional sys._getframe support
- IronPython 2.6 Alpha 1 - Mar 26, 2009
- At least 50% of 2.6 tests pass that passed under 2.5. Many of the big new features implemented.
- IronPython 2.6 Beta 1 - End of May
Mostly feature complete - all 2.6 features, abstract interpreter, cached new types, __clrtype__, ctypes
- IronPython 2.6 Beta 2 - ~2 months later
Primarily bug fixes on top of Beta 1. Also maybe some top small features as requested by users.
- IronPython 2.6 RC 1 - ~1.5 months later
Build is truly a candidate for release. If no showstoppers are reported this build will be shipped as RTM
- IronPython 2.6 Final ~1 month later.
Final build - same as RC1 if showstoppers are not found. Otherwise same as RC2 or if only one or two minor issues are found then RC1 + fixes.